Best National Forests in the United States
1. Olympic National Forest in Washington offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean, old-growth forests, and alpine meadows.
2. White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire boasts over 800,000 acres of wilderness, including the highest peak in the Northeast, Mount Washington.
3. Pisgah National Forest in North Carolina is a popular destination for hiking, mountain biking, and fishing, with over 500,000 acres of protected land.
4. Angeles National Forest in California is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, with over 700,000 acres of mountains, canyons, and forests to explore.
5. Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests in Georgia offer a variety of recreational activities, including hiking, camping, fishing, and boating.
6. Superior National Forest in Minnesota is home to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, a popular destination for canoeing and camping.
7. Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming is a paradise for wildlife watchers, with over 3.4 million acres of protected land and abundant wildlife.
8. Coconino National Forest in Arizona is known for its stunning red rock formations, including the famous Sedona area, and offers a range of outdoor activities, from hiking to rock climbing.
Best Beaches in the United States